Just a quick one - what the hell is the UN not doing that it should be doing in Haiti with 9,000 blue helmets already there?!
It's tragic they lost so many of their own in the earthquake (viz. conservative estimates are 34 peacekeepers), but why can't the other 8,966 peacekeepers roll up their sleeves and pitch in?
Or is there some reason they can't, like;
- It's not within their mandate;
- Someone hasn't filled out the right form;
- "For safety and security reasons...."
- It's "pending" or "in process"
- Amiable platitudes need to be broadcast on BBC/CNN/AJ/etc. by some UN Aid Lord prior to any token, poorly managed gesture can be made
- Funding is not approved
Oh, for God's sake! C'mon UN, get off your backsides for once!
WTF Friday, 12/9/2016
9 months ago